- Expand the bio-intensive garden to 400 sq. feet.
- Establish a large herb bed that's critter-proof.
- Build a small cold frame.
- Get enough soaker hoses to adequately cover all the beds.
- Cook fun, healthy meals with my son, using our garden produce as much as possible.
- Buy a pressure canner, tomato sieve and other tools to help preserve the harvest.
- Set up the compost tea bucket with aerators and brew compost tea.
- Connive my friend John into bringing me another load of manure from his farm.
- Plant cover crops at the end of the season.
- Grow tomatoes indoors next winter.
- Work on limiting refined flour and sugar in my diet.
- Learn more about wild foods.
- Shop locally.
- Research and write about industrial agriculture and related issues.
Thursday, January 1, 2009
My goals for the new year: